Tuesday 16 August 2011

Add your two pennies worth (aka Thing 13)

We have Sharepoint in work, which is used by some colleagues, but the only use that impacts on me is in it being used to provide access to policy documents and departmental bulletins.  I think it is fair to say that, in our little support team, I am more technology savvy than most, and the suggestion of using collaborative and file-sharing tools would be met with “Why can’t we just…?”.  Indeed, I am the only one in our team that is doing CPD23!  In short, we do not have a need for such tools, as yet.  Until there is an institutionally led directive to use Sharepoint (which there were rumblings of some years ago), or a similar tool, I can not see us changing the way we work.

I can see the benefits of collaborative and file-sharing tools.  I will try to practice these tools so that I can add them to my list of competencies.  But they’re not a high priority for introduction into the working practices of our team.

Photo credit - Beige Alert, Pennies

No comments:

Post a Comment