Monday 15 August 2011

Take me under your wing (aka Thing 11)

A mentor is exactly what I need.  I have a wide range of skills and a great desire to use my talents, but really need some guidance.  I'm lucky to have a number of positive people around me; colleagues encourage me, friends inflate my ego.  I need more though.  I need someone who will chisel away at my uncertainty and help me to focus on what will take me forward.

There are a few mentoring schemes in the University here, designed to help professionals in higher education.  Hopefully I can join one of the schemes and find someone who will take me under their wing.  If the scheme is not a go-er then I'll consider who I can ask for non-formal mentoring.  I've got to try!

Photo credit - Andy-Beal, Guardian Angel

No comments:

Post a Comment