Tuesday 19 July 2011

Returning to Thing 4 - My Pushnote debut (aka Thing 4.5)

Ok so Pushnote is fairly nifty, but I'm a little limited in how I can use it.  Installing the add-on is not feasible in my workplace, although I could perhaps install it at home.  But as I don't do a lot online at home I think it will just become another piece of clutter.

That said, I do like being able to promote websites through the Pushnote site itself.  I also like how it will automatically add my comments and the link to my Facebook/Twitter updates (I like doing this where I can and within the particular "brand" I am using).

What I don't like is only being able to see the sites in the stream.  I think it would be useful to have a search facility - akin to Google - that enables you to find the recommended sites within a particular search category.  I realise this must be somehow linked in to search sites, but why not enable it within the system also?  I'm starting to feel like I've missed the point somehow.

Finally I do like that it allows you to follow users, but why haven't they made finding people easier?  The Twitter model would be a good starting point.

I don't like being negative, so I will not say any more about it.  I'll see how I get on with it and watch out for any developments.  That's as much as anyone can say about any new technology I suppose!

No comments:

Post a Comment