Wednesday 3 August 2011

Returning to Things 6 & 7

I just felt I had to update you on this business of networking.  I had been feeling a bit low about it all yesterday when I did my post about face-to-face networking.  I just didn't feel I had an in-road for any of the professional networks.  I thought I had explored all possibilties and had only limited options.  But I hadn't given up...

Today - eureka!  I was reading an internal newsletter and found out about the CILIP Information Literacy Group - perfect!  Information Literacy is a big interest of mine.  Better still - the group is free the join.  I have made contact and hope to hear from them soon.

Finding this group is almost evidence of Information Literacy at work - "An information literate person would also understand that, in addition to purposive searching, information can be acquired by browsing, scanning and monitoring information sources."

I'm feeling quite excited now.  I will, of course, keep you posted!

No comments:

Post a Comment